Competition #: HS11/17A
Closing Date: None
OneSky Community Resources invites those interested in sharing their homes and their lives to provide a healthy and supportive family life to an adult with a developmental disability that will enable them to express their hopes, dreams, and choices.
If you are interested in becoming a Home Share Provider, please complete a Candidate Submission.
Approval as a Home Share Provider is subject to a comprehensive assessment that includes interviews, criminal record check, reference check and home study. The assessment includes applicant’s interest in providing home sharing, lifestyle, values, history, family, support style, community involvement, safeguarding skills, and coping skills. It also includes an assessment of applicant’s home, neighborhood and the environment the individual will live in. Approval does not guarantee a contract.
OneSky Community Resources-contracted home sharing providers cannot support more than one individual at any time.
Applicants must possess the skills, disposition, and physical accommodation to provide high quality home sharing support to adults with a developmental disability. Additional qualifications include:
- Post-secondary education in a community living or equivalent discipline preferred
- Able to obtain criminal record clearance
- Able to meet all Community Living BC (CLBC) requirements for the position
- Medications administration training preferred
- Crisis Intervention/Behaviour Management (Mandt) certification preferred
- Valid First Aid/CPR certificate
- OneSky Community Resources Physician’s Report ensuring physical/mental fitness
- Computer competent (Email, Word, Excel)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Food Safe and WHMIS certificates
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license; Class 4 driver’s license is an asset
- Clear driver’s abstract
- Use of own safe, reliable vehicle with “business-use” vehicle insurance
Minimum of one-year previous experience is an asset.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Dependent on contracted level of support.
As provided by contract.
You may also mail or drop off your application to:
OneSky Community Resources
330 Ellis Street
Penticton, BC V2A 4L7
OneSky Community Resources is an equity employer and encourages applications from men, women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Inuit and Metis people, people of all sexual orientation and genders and others who may contribute our further diversification.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.