Residential Care Worker & Community Resource Worker – CASUAL
Up to 40 hours/week – Various Shifts will be required (0700-1500, 0900-1700, 1300-2100, 1500-2300, 2300-0700 or an combination of)
Standing posting through to December 2021
Grid 10 of the CSSEA – CSSBA Collective Agreement – Successful applicant will be required to join union membership – BCGEU
The RCW/CRW is responsible to empower and support persons with disabilities to engage in life skills, daily activities and social engagements of the participants choosing. The RCW/CRW is to assist each individual as a valued, contributing citizen of inclusive communities.
The RCW/CRW assists participants to live successfully in residential settings. The RCW/CRW ensures that individual participant’s physical, emotional, social, educational and medical needs are met. The RCW/CRW supports individuals to enhance quality of life with activities of daily living and the development of life skills, according to their choice.
Qualifications Education and Knowledge
Certificate in a related human / social service field
- One (1) year recent related experience, working with people with developmental disabilities.
- Previous experience working with people with dual diagnosis and challenging and/or aggressive behaviours an asset.
- Essential to display a proven ability to calmly and effectively work with challenging and aggressive behaviours.
- Experienced with various lifts, feeding protocols, toileting protocols, basic adaptive sign language is an asset.
- Must display enthusiasm and energy and be a contributing team member.
Requirements: Class 5 Driver’s License, current First Aid and CPR, current (every 3 years) TB test results, must have a current Criminal Record Check (provided by OneSky), a completed Physicians Approval of Health, Food Safe Certification, Mandt Training is also required (will be provided via in house certification). Applicant must be willing to swim with the participant on a regular basis.
Please email your expression of interest noting Competition #: 2019-2021-CLS-CAS to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
OneSky is an equity employer and encourages applications from qualified men, women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Inuit and Metis people, people of all sexual orientation and genders and others who may contribute to our further diversification. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.