Position: Respite Caregiver Contractor – CLBC Program
Competition No: 2019-18-CLS-CLA
2 to 4 shifts per month *(12 hour shifts-currently 9:00 pm-9:00 am, staff can sleep when the participant sleeps (approximately 10:00 pm-8:30 am)
Posting Date: September 16, 2019
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate (s) are found
Vehicle Required: No
Locations: CLA (Summerland) – This is a non-union position
The Respite Caregiver provides a break to the Primary Caregiver each month and works closely as a member of the treatment team to support an adult male in reaching his individualized goals. The Respite Caregiver will provide a physically and emotionally safe, stable, and nurturing environment for the person served, within the individual’s home.
The Respite Caregiver ensures that the individual participant’s physical, emotional, social, educational and medical needs are met. The Respite Caregiver supports individuals to enhance quality of life with activities of daily living and the development of life skills, according to their choice.
Qualifications Education and Knowledge
- Passion for supporting individuals with developmental disabilities required
- Basic Sign Language is a strong asset
- Specific education and experience with complex behaviours. Additional training will be provided
- Must have knowledge of community resources
- SAFE Home-study/references
- Medical letter stating physically and mentally capable of being a caregiver
- Current Level 1 First Aid (including CPR) Certification
- Certified Mandt training (will be provided through Agency)
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Safe driving record abstract
Please email your covering letting and resume, noting Competition # 2019-18-CLS-CLA to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note this is a non-union contract position.
OneSky is an equity employer and encourages applications from qualified men, women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Inuit and Metis people, people of all sexual orientation and genders and others who may contribute to our further diversification. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.