Position: Senior Residence Worker –Regular Full Time
Hours: 40 hrs/wk plus on-call rotational hours – Various shifts required including evenings and weekends; additional hours required as this position includes shared after hours on-call duties 1 out of every 6 weeks
Competition No: 2019-14-CLS-DRA-SR
Posting Date: August 9, 2019
Closing Date: August 24, 2019
Wage Grid: Grid 12 of the CSSEA – CSSBA Collective Agreement – Successful applicant will be required to join union membership – BCGEU
Vehicle Required: YES
The Senior Residence Worker works collaboratively with the Director of Community Living Services and directly with participants. They provide orientation, training, work direction and mentorship to Residential Care Workers under the guidance of the Director of Community Living Services.
They are responsible to empower and support persons with disabilities as valued, contributing citizens in inclusive communities, assisting participants to live successfully in their community and ensuring that their physical, emotional, social, educational, medical needs are met. The Senior Community Resource Worker assists participants to enhance their quality of life with activities of daily living and the development of life and job skills.
- Assists in orientation, training, work direction, scheduling, evaluation and guidance of Community Resource and Residential Care Workers.
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of the program, maintaining reports such as statistics, logbooks, and daily activities.
- Takes part in the CLS on-call rotation as scheduled.
- Participates in the assessment, goal setting and program planning for individuals attending the program.
- Provides life skills training and assists participants with activities of daily living in accordance with care plans.
- Promotes an atmosphere of collaboration, teamwork and cooperation, empowering others while also holding each other accountable in a way that promotes learning and development.
- Recognizes, prioritizes, analyzes and deals with potential emergencies such as participants’ aggressive behaviour to ensure no harm comes to the participant and/or the public.
- Administers medication to participants in accordance with established policy.
- Assists with case management by identifying potential problems and reporting any difficulties, providing input to other professionals and contributing to the evaluation of participants’ progress.
- Identifies social, economic, recreational and educational services in the community that will meet participants’ needs.
- Performs light maintenance and housekeeping duties.
Qualifications Education and Knowledge
- Certificate in a related human/social service / community living field
- Three (3) years recent related experience working with people with developmental disabilities.
- Working knowledge of computer software such as Outlook, Word, Excel and ShareVision
- Highly developed sense of confidentiality as well as communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills are a must
- Time management, change management, conflict management and adaptability are an asset
- Ability to both work autonomously and follow direction
- Leadership experience preferred
Requirements: Class 4 Driver’s License (able to obtain within 6 months), current First Aid and CPR, current (every 3 years) TB test results, must have a current Criminal Record Check (provided by OneSky), a completed Physicians Approval of Health, Food Safe Certification; Mandt Training is also required (will be provided via in-house certification). Applicant must be willing and able to swim with participants on a regular basis.
Please see the Senior Residence Worker job description for complete details of this position.
All applicants (internal and external) must submit a resume and cover letter in order to be considered, noting Competition #: 2019-14-CLS-DRA-SR. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
OneSky is an equity employer and encourages applications from qualified men, women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Inuit and Metis people, people of all sexual orientation and genders and others who may contribute to our further diversification. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.