Nqsilt Early Years Centre
A mobile resource centre for families with young children living within the Lower Similkameen Indian Band, Osoyoos Indian Band and Upper Similkameen Indian Band communities.
The Nqsilt Early Years Centre was developed through a strong partnership between Lower Similkameen Indian Band, Osoyoos Indian Band and Upper Similkameen Indian Band and hosted by OneSky Community Resources.
- Information about child development and parenting
- Developmental screening and supports
- Culturally focussed family supports and resources
- Opportunities to participate in activities as a family that reflect cultural and community values
- Referrals to services and supports such as speech and language, development, childcare, health nurse or an Aboriginal Supported Child Development Consultant
- Referrals to social service agencies that assist with housing, food security, income and transportation
The Nqsilt Early Years Facilitator visits each community weekly, participating in programs for children and families, visiting families and meeting with band service providers. Some programs may be offered in the evening; most often the Nqsilt Early Years Facilitator will visit the communities during the week day.
Nqsilt Early Years Centre is offered within Osoyoos Indian Band, Lower Similkameen Indian Band and Upper Similkameen Indian Band communities and is meant to provide supports and resources to families with young children. All families living in these communities can access services.
For More Information
Nqsilt Early Years Facilitator