Behaviour Analyst/Behaviour Consultant
Permanent, Full Time
EIS 2024 02 05 BAC
March 4, 2024
March 18, 2024
This is a full-time permanent position with a typical work week of 35 hours
$40.20 per hour, plus comprehensive health and wellness benefits
A progressive, not for profit organization, OneSky has been serving the South Okanagan Similkameen for over five decades. Guided by our core belief that we’re all in this together, living under a single sky, our goal is to create a way forward for everyone. We champion and support individuals to reach their full potential, work to remove barriers and support individuals through a diverse range of services. OneSky values diversity, accessibility, respect, accountability, integrity, and collaboration.
We provide a competitive salary, comprehensive health and wellness benefits, a great pension plan (Municipal Pension Plan) and a supportive, collaborative, and fun work environment. OneSky is a great place to work!
The Behaviour Analyst/Behaviour Consultant will work primarily as part of an early years multi-support service offering behaviour consultation and support. The Behaviour Analyst/Behaviour Consultant will also work with other OneSky programs to support children, youth, and adults who demonstrate challenging behaviour. With an unwavering commitment to quality care, our team works collaboratively with professionals, families, and individuals to develop goal-directed options and effective treatment plans. The position will develop individualized behavioural support plans, provide behavioural consultation, and successfully implement these plans within the individual’s home, school, and other involved community settings.
The potential candidate must have an in-depth understanding of children with ASD and other developmental disabilities, with working knowledge of applied behavioural analysis. Experience supporting youth and adults is an asset. We are looking for an individual that can work within a team setting, work remotely from home, connect with families, and create behavioural programs. The candidate must be able to take a relational lens and holistic perspective when working with children and families.
The position is supervised by a Program Director with Board Certified Behaviour Analyst Certification. As a result, clinical supervision towards the completion of BACB required fieldwork hours; as well as supervision for Board Certified Assistant Behaviour Analysts, can be provided as part of this position.
- Preferred qualifications are a graduate degree in Applied Behavioural Analysis, Psychology, or related field
- Board Certified Behaviour Analyst, Board Certified Assistant Behaviour Analyst, or enrolled in an ABAI approved graduate program in Applied Behaviour Analysis and meets the BACB requirements for supervised fieldwork
- Background or experience in direct clinical services with children with autism and/or developmental disabilities and their families. Experience working with children, youth, and adults with autism and/or developmental disabilities in a staffed resource environment is an asset
- Working knowledge of trauma and associated relational dynamics
- Experience writing behaviour programs and strength in Behaviour Skills Training
- Strong oral and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate within a multidisciplinary team
- Class 5 Driver’s License
Please quote competition # EIS 2024 02 05 BAC and submit your cover letter and resume by Monday, March 4, 2024 to email@example.com.
OneSky Community Resources is an equity employer and encourages applications from members of equity seeking groups who may contribute to our further diversification.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.