CYS 2023 07 28 CAS
Child and Youth Support Workers
Three (3) to five (5) positions available
Hours per Week
Casual as needed
$23.79 per hour
A progressive, not for profit organization, OneSky has been serving the South Okanagan Similkameen for over five decades. Guided by our core belief that we’re all in this together, living under a single sky, our goal is to create a way forward for everyone. We champion and support individuals to reach their full potential, work to remove barriers and support individuals through a diverse range of services. OneSky values diversity, accessibility, respect, accountability, integrity, and collaboration.
We provide a competitive salary and a supportive, collaborative, and fun work environment. OneSky is a great place to work!
Nature of Position
We are seeking Child and Youth Support Workers to join the Child and Youth with Support Needs team to provide support on a casual, as needed basis. The successful applicant will receive direction and support from the CYSN Senior Worker and is required to provide in-home care and recreation experiences and to be an integral part of the Care Team. The care team operates from a child-centred approach, providing a circle of support for the youth and/or family. As members of the Care Team, the Child and Youth Support Workers ensure that clients’ physical, emotional, social, educational, and medical needs are met.
Applicants will ideally have:
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in a relevant discipline in the human/social service field or related experience
- Knowledge and skills in attachment safe approaches with children and youth.
- Experience in a similar care setting
- Knowledge and experience in successfully engaging in non-violent crisis intervention
- Experience working with children or youth behavioural interventions
- Criminal Record Clearance and a Ministry of Children and Family Development Security Clearance will be required prior to commencing employment
- A valid driver’s license
Please note competition # CYS 2023 07 28 TEMPFT on your cover letter and submit with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OneSky Community Resources is an equity employer and encourages applications from members of equity seeking groups who may contribute to our further diversification.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.