Put your leadership skills to work in the sunny South Okanagan. Beautiful Penticton offers mild winters, warm summers, and recreational activities for all seasons. Work/life balance is important, and you will have the opportunity to enjoy a wonderful community.
OneSky Community Resources is a progressive not for profit society located in the heart of Penticton. Providing a wide array of services across the South Okanagan for more than 50 years, OneSky strives to be the employer of choice. We provide a competitive salary, comprehensive health and wellness benefits, a great pension plan (Municipal Pension Plan) and a supportive, collaborative, and fun work environment. As a values-oriented organization, OneSky is a great place to work
OneSky is seeking dynamic, collaborative leader to join our senior management team. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Community Services and Development will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and administering a diverse portfolio of programs and services. The successful applicant will have experience in program management and development from initial grant writing to program delivery and financial reporting. The right individual will bring:
- A proven track record of developing and supporting high quality programs and services
- Demonstrated coaching and facilitation skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with external stakeholders, including funders, granters, and partner organizations
- Ability to organize work and manage competing priorities
- Ability to work independently, with a commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience as a member of a leadership team, assisting in the development and implementation of OneSky’s strategic plan
- Using your relational leadership skills to enhance a positive workplace culture
- Ability to present, liaise with and influence community partners
- Experience working with various levels of government as well as other not for profit organizations and community partners
The Ideal Candidate’s Qualifications Education, Training and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Five years direct or related experience and extensive leadership and supervisory experience in a community organization or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- A degree, preferably a Masters, in social care, leadership, or related field of study
- Excellent oral, written, facilitation and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork, leadership, and supervisory skills
- Well-developed planning, organizing, controlling, and administrative skills
- Competencies ideal for this role include, strategic orientation, leading through change, negotiation, inspiring innovation, participant-centered program delivery, emotional intelligence
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail, contact Tanya.Behardien@oneskycommunity.com.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday, October 7, 2022
Please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Marsha.Lacroix@OneSkyCommunity.com by Friday, October 7, 2022. Please quote the job title in the subject line and mention how you learned of this opportunity.
OneSky strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. OneSky is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility, and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are provided a fair opportunity for employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest in OneSky, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.