Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I go to find help with my child care needs?
- Contact OneSky Community Resources at 250-492-5814 if you do not find the answer to your question on the website.
How much does childcare cost?
- 0-3 Age Childcare: $1,000/month, minus $350 fee reduction
- 3-5 Age Childcare: $750/month, minus $100 fee reduction
- Preschool: 2 days = $125/month, 3 days = $185/month, 5 days = $300/month
- Before School Care: $150/month
- After School Care: $300/month
Can I get help paying for my child care?
- For information about Affordable Child Care Benefits, including eligibility criteria, access to Subsidy documents, including the Dynamic Fill and Print Subsidy Application, visit the Affordable Child Care Benefit website.
Can I become a childcare provider?
- Visit Penticton Child Care Resource & Referral (CCRR) or call 250-492-2926.
What are my choices for childcare?
- Preschool, Full Day Care, Before & After School Care.
Who do I contact if I have a concern about the safety standards of a childcare facility?
- Program Supervisor
- OneSky Community Resources Clinical Director
- OneSky Community Resources Executive Director
- Licensing Direct
What if I have a child with special needs?
- Our Supported Child Development (SCD) Program supports children with special needs to fully participate in inclusive neighbourhood childcare programs.
- SCD services reflect best practices in child development and are based on the philosophy of inclusion. This means that the activities of playing, learning and growing happen in a way in which all children feel they belong.
- Please call 250-492-5814 for more information about supported child development services.
Do you have a waitlist?
- Waitlists vary from program to program. Please contact the program supervisor for wait list times.
Do you provide morning care, and transportation to school?
- Yes. Our After School Program in Penticton provides morning care and transportation to and from various schools.