June 14, 2022
2022 25 CLS MSLS-EXC
Manager, Supportive Living Services
Regular, Full-Time – Management Excluded
July 1, 2022
August 1, 2022, or negotiable
Salary will be commensurate with experience. OneSky offers a competitive rate within a four-step wage grid system, commensurate with experience, education, and knowledge. Additionally, we offer comprehensive health benefits and a defined benefit pension plan (Municipal Pension Plan).
Hours per Week
A progressive, not for profit organization, OneSky has been serving the South Okanagan Similkameen for over five decades. Guided by our core belief that we’re all in this together, living under a single sky, our goal is to create a way forward for everyone. We champion and support individuals to reach their full potential, work to remove barriers and support individuals through a diverse range of services. OneSky values diversity, accessibility, respect, accountability, integrity, and collaboration.
We provide a competitive salary, comprehensive health and wellness benefits, a great pension plan (Municipal Pension Plan) and a supportive, collaborative, and fun work environment. OneSky is a great place to work!
Nature of Position
The Manager, Supportive Living Services is responsible to oversee the human resource management of front-line supportive living and inclusion services staff by assisting with screening of candidates, interviewing candidates, and supporting the onboarding and program specific orientation of new personnel. The SL Services Manager is responsible for workforce management processes for new work and overseeing changes program operations. The Manager works with SW’s and director in the development of services and oversite of the day-to-day operations of the program.
The position will provide supervision, development, and coaching to front-line Residential Care Workers in collaboration with the Director of Supportive Living Services.
While the position requires onsite participation and operational oversight, there is the ability to work in a hybrid model after successful completion of the probationary period in accordance with OneSky’s Work from Home or Hybrid Work Policy.
Education and Experience
- Degree in social sciences, human resource management or related fields and/or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a management role
- Experience with complex care and behavioural needs is an asset
- Experience within a unionized setting, is highly desirable
- Experience within a non-profit organization and community living services is highly desirable
- Intermediate computer software skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Valid first aid certificate
- Satisfactory completion of a Criminal Record Check is required
- Vaccine passport with a minimum of two vaccinations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A commitment to the principles of person-centered service which respects the uniqueness, dignity, rights, and responsibilities of each individual
- A commitment to maintaining a quality service environment which provides individuals with respect and values their choices and abilities
- Ability to lead a diverse team and build morale by modeling, guiding, mentoring, and providing direction and feedback
- Proven effective interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with a wide variety of people.
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills within the operational context
- Displays professional judgment in a collaborative decision-making model
- Ability to prioritize, – and manage time in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, and to contribute and co-operate in a team environment
- Detail oriented with ability to maintain quality standards
- Ability to manage through conflict with self-awareness and self-regulation
Please note competition # 2022 25 CLS MSLS-EXC on your cover letter and submit with resume to email@example.com. You may also mail or drop off your resume to: OneSky Resumes
330 Ellis Street Penticton, BC V2A 4L7
OneSky Community Resources is an equity employer and encourages applications from members of equity seeking groups who may contribute to our further diversification.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.