UPC 2022 07 26 MOA
Medical Office Assistant
One (1) full-time position
Three (3) part-time positions
Permanent Full-Time or Permanent Part-Time
$23.10 – $25.56 per hour
August 12, 2022
As soon as possible (can be negotiated)
A progressive, not for profit organization, OneSky has been serving the South Okanagan Similkameen for over five decades. Guided by our core belief that we’re all in this together, living under a single sky, our goal is to create a way forward for everyone. We champion and support individuals to reach their full potential, work to remove barriers and support individuals through a diverse range of services. OneSky values diversity, accessibility, respect, accountability, integrity, and collaboration. To learn more about us visit www.oneskycommunity.com.
We provide a competitive salary, comprehensive employer-paid health benefits and great pension plan (upon eligibility) and a supportive, collaborative, and fun work environment. OneSky is a great place to work!
About the Urgent & Primary Care Centre
The Urgent & Primary Care Centre (UPCC) helps patients from some of our most vulnerable populations get the health and social services they need to improve their quality of life. This is an environment where primary care providers work collaboratively with mental health professionals and social workers to ensure patients have well-rounded medical and community support. A team of healthcare professionals including physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses and other allied health professionals will provide long term care to individuals with mental health and substance use needs. Additionally, individuals, families and seniors with health care needs can access everyday health care and get attached to a primary care provider if needed.
Particularly important for this role is your desire to help people from marginalized communities. You are an empathetic communicator who can work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to the variety of client needs which arise daily. You are confident with technology, a team builder and client-centered. You are comfortable working with a variety of healthcare professionals and are excited to work in a team-based care environment.
About the Position
We have openings for one full-time position of 35-40 hours/weekly and three part-time positions of 12-24 hours weekly. Typical weekday shifts are between 7:30 am-8:00 pm, and one weekend shift rotation of Saturday or Sunday 11:30 am-6:00 pm.
- Perform reception duties and all clerical and support duties for Primary Care Practitioners in order to maintain the clinic flow and run an efficient and fast-paced clinic environment.
- Manage walk-in clients, book appointments, manage a busy wait room, answer patient inquires and anticipate the needs of the clinic and the client.
- Manage and complete tasks set forth by each Primary Care Practitioner in a timely manner.
- Prep exam rooms and patients for appointments including ensuring appropriate supplies for complete physical exams, labs and minor procedures are available. Assist with procedure clean up and sterilization.
- Assist Primary Care Practitioners with chaperoning and minor procedures or exams as requested.
- Maintain a knowledge of community resources to better serve clients experiencing various health challenges and/or who are at risk.
- Participate in data collection, evaluation and quality assurance tasks as requested.
- Recognize and respond to potential emergency situations with confidence and ease.
Qualifications and Experience
- Medical Office Assistant Certificate/Diploma or Certificate in Office/Administration OR an equivalent combination of education and experience in a clinic setting.
- Interest and ability to work with clients from vulnerable populations and contribute to a friendly environment.
- EMR knowledge of Med Access and/or Meditech is an asset.
- Customer Service background an asset.
- Clear criminal records check
Please note competition # UPC 2022 07 26 MOA on your cover letter and submit with resume email@example.com. You may also mail or drop off your resume to:
330 Ellis Street
Penticton, BC V2A 4L7
OneSky Community Resources is an equity employer and encourages applications from members of equity seeking groups who may contribute to our further diversification.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Note: OneSky will proceed with immediate interviews and hiring of suitable candidate(s).