Residential Care Worker-Regular (RCW)
One (1) position available – Regular Full-Time
2023 02 CLS RCW#16
January 16, 2023
February 3, 2023
February 3 or before
40 hours/week – regular full-time
Wednesday to Sunday 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Schedule may vary based on bona-fide operational needs
Starting at $21.63 per hour (Grid 10 of CSSEA JJEP), plus full employer paid health and dental benefits after three months
Successful applicant will be required to join union membership – BCGEU
CLS Supportive Living Program – worksite may vary based on operational needs
A progressive, not for profit organization, OneSky has been serving the South Okanagan Similkameen for over five decades. Guided by our core belief that we’re all in this together, living under a single sky, our goal is to create a way forward for everyone. We champion and support individuals to reach their full potential, work to remove barriers and support individuals through a diverse range of services. OneSky values diversity, accessibility, respect, accountability, integrity, and collaboration.
We provide a competitive salary, comprehensive health and wellness benefits, a great pension plan (Municipal Pension Plan) and a supportive, collaborative, and fun work environment. OneSky is a great place to work!
Nature of Position
The RCW is responsible to empower and support persons with disabilities to engage in life skills, daily activities and social engagements of the participants choosing. The RCW is to assist each individual as a valued, contributing citizen of inclusive communities.
The RCW assists participants to live successfully in residential settings. The RCW ensures that individual participant’s physical, emotional, social, educational, and medical needs are being met. The RCW supports individuals to enhance quality of life with activities of daily living and the development of life skills, according to their choice.
Qualifications, Education and Knowledge
- Certificate in a related human / social service field
- One (1) year recent related experience, working with people with developmental disabilities.
- Previous experience working with people with dual diagnosis and challenging and/or aggressive behaviours an asset.
- Essential to display a proven ability to work with challenging and aggressive behaviours calmly and effectively.
- Experienced with various lifts, feeding protocols, toileting protocols, basic adaptive sign language is an asset.
- Need to display an understanding and ability to work with individuals with mental disability and mental illness.
- Must display enthusiasm and energy and be a contributing team member.
- Vaccine Passport with a minimum of two vaccinations.
- Vaccine Passport with a minimum of two vaccinations
- Class 4 Driver’s License (able to obtain within 6 months)
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Current (every 3 years) TB test results
- Clear, current Criminal Record Check (provided by OneSky)
- A completed Physicians Approval of Health
- Food Safe Certification
- Mandt Training (provided by OneSky) – NVCI also acceptable
- Use of own safe, reliable vehicle to transport participants with “business class” insurance
Please note competition # 2023 02 CLS RCW#16 on your cover letter and submit with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 pm on the closing date. You may also mail or drop off your resume to:
330 Ellis Street
Penticton, BC V2A 4L7
OneSky Community Resources is an equity employer and encourages applications from members of equity seeking groups who may contribute to our further diversification.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.