South Okanagan Seniors Wellness Society is seeking a Social Coordinator for Seniors.
Social Coordinator for Seniors
Permanent Part-Time Position
$21.99 – $25.62 hourly
Friday, February 10, 2023
The Social Coordinator for Seniors works with residents of an independent seniors’ apartment building to encourage interaction and connections that reduce social isolation; increase a sense of belonging and connectedness thereby improving quality of life and safety. The Social Coordinator will be responsible to engage with residents to assist in organizing social events, including meals; recruiting and managing volunteers to help plan a variety of recreation, wellness activities and social or educational events.
This pilot program intends to create a model to be expanded to other naturally occurring retirement communities (NORCs).
The successful applicant will:
- Have experience working with older adults or vulnerable population groups
- Have a degree or diploma in a related field such as human services OR a combination of education, training, and work/volunteer experience
- Have experience with project development, setting goals and reporting
- Successfully complete a criminal record check and our vulnerable sector screening
- Possess strong interpersonal and organizational and basic technology skills
- Cooking experience is an asset
Position is part-time, 21 hours weekly with hourly wages from $21.99 – $25.62 depending on experience. Ongoing position is dependent upon funding.
We invite interested applicants to email their resume and covering letter as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
South Okanagan Seniors Wellness Society
330 Ellis Street
Penticton, BC V2A 4L7
Applications should be clearly marked SFS 01/23
The South Okanagan Seniors Wellness Society is an equity employer and encourages applications from equity seeking groups who may contribute to our further diversification.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.