SCD 2022 07 18 CONS
Supported Child Development Consultant
August 19, 2022
September 6, 2022
Starting at $26.63
Hours per Week
35 hours per week
Based in Penticton. Travel within the South Okanagan Similkameen region may be necessary
A progressive, not for profit organization, OneSky has been serving the South Okanagan Similkameen for over five decades. Guided by our core belief that we’re all in this together, living under a single sky, our goal is to create a way forward for everyone. We champion and support individuals to reach their full potential, work to remove barriers and support individuals through a diverse range of services. OneSky values diversity, accessibility, respect, accountability, integrity, and collaboration.
We provide a competitive salary, comprehensive health and wellness benefits, a great pension plan (Municipal Pension Plan) and a supportive, collaborative, and fun work environment. OneSky is a great place to work!
Nature of Position
The Supported Child Development (SCD) Consultant supports the inclusion of children who require extra support to attend a childcare setting in the South Okanagan/Similkameen. The SCD Consultant supervises the SCD Assistants who provide direct service to children with support needs and provides case management for the families and children on their caseload.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Early Childhood Development or an early childhood development related field (Child and Youth care, Psychology, Social Work, Education) with a minimum of three years’ experience in inclusive childcare settings or a combination of related training and experience.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of family centered practice early intervention, child development, and services that support children with developmental delays and their families.
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate early childhood practice and inclusion, and the ability to model and communicate these concepts to staff, childcare settings, and families.
- Comprehensive knowledge of community childcare resources and other community support services.
- Knowledge of cultural and socio-economic issues, including family systems and culturally appropriate practices.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional presentation.
- Skill in administering a range of formal and informal developmental assessment tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to work independently and to manage time and workload effectively.
- Early Intervention and Prevention Training.
- Valid BC Driver’s License, reliable vehicle, clean driver’s abstract and the ability to obtain business use insurance.
- Successful criminal record check
- Current First Aid
Please note competition # SCD 2022 07 18 CONS on your cover letter and submit with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also mail or drop off your resume to:
330 Ellis Street
Penticton, BC V2A 4L7
OneSky Community Resources is an equity employer and encourages applications from members of equity seeking groups who may contribute to our further diversification.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.